January 28, 2008

. . Motorcycle Diary Part II . .

Bright and sunny Sunday. Great day to go riding. Hah. As the day before, I decided to go for a running-in session today. Spent the early afternoon lazying around and watching tv. Caught the show; Roll-Bounce staring Bow Wow and Nick Cannon. Quite a funny family-oriented show. Oh, and I got a belated birthday present from my elder bro and his wife. They got me a Rip Curl T-shirt that has a classic Japanese style drawings of a samurai on the front. Cool.

Left home around 2.00 pm. The digital fuel gauge on my bike displays that it left 3-bars out of 6-bars of fuel left. Hm, I think still can make it 1 round. First stop I made was at Jurong West where there's this bike shop that sells helmets and motorcycle accessories. I was about to reach the place when it started to rain. "Great!" I thought. Just like yesterday. I parked my bike illegally on a sheltered walkway and went to check out the shop. Haiz. It was closed. Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays. I waited til the rain lighten before I continue my journey.

For today, the plan was to travel in the opposite direction of the route that I took yesterday. Means by taking the route in a clock-wise direction around Singapore. I stopped at a petrol kiosk at Jurong East to get a StreetDirectory. Just in case I got lost. My previous directory is 10-years-old already. I've already planned the night before, checking online the route to take at the early stage of this journey. From Boon Lay Way (Jurong East), I headed up north to Bukit Batok Road. Bukit Batok Road then connected to Choa Chu Kang Road. From there, I turned to Woodlands Road which brings me further northwards. This stretch of road is quite long and it travels north-eastwards. When I reached Woodlands Ave 3, it started to pour again. Arrgh!! This time the rain was quite heavy. The rain forced me to find shelter under a flat void-deck which was situated near Marsiling Mrt. I was a 'lil bit soaked but not enough to piss me off. While waiting for the rain to stop, I took the time to study the directory again and plan my journey.

I realised that my journey would pass San's place. I sms-ed her to see if she's home 'cause I wanted to collect some photos that we took at Makcikz wedding, but she was out. Looks like I'm not going to get those photos. I continued my journey when the rain stops, towards Woodlands Mrt Station. The road that I took is adjacent to the Mrt track all the way to Lentor Ave, after which I took a turn into Yio Chu Kang Road. Another long stretch of road. Got into Hougang Avenue 2 near the end of the stretch and into Tampines Road after that. Exited Tampines Road into Tampines Ave 10, which connects to Pasir Ris Drive 12 and Pasir Ris Drive 3. I detoured into Elias Road 'cause I wanted to stop at the Pasir Ris Park, where I had a toilet break and got myself a drink. The seaview there was beautiful and the sea breeze was wonderful. Time-check : 4.50 pm.

5.00 pm and I continued my journey. Went back to Pasir Ris Drive 3 then turned into Loyang Ave. Yeah, I was here yesterday but today I decided to take the road round the airport. Reached Changi Village when I realised that the fuel gauge was displaying 1-bar! S#$t! I prayed hopefully that I might be able to make it back to Jurong before the petrol goes into reserves. From Loyang Ave the road connects to Telok Paku Road then into Nicoll Drive then connect to Changi Coast Road. So funny the roads here. Wondered why did they come up with so many different names to 1 stretch of road. But then Changi Coast Road is really a long stretch. It literally covers the distance of one end of the airport to the other end. It's feels like more than 5 minutes ride of straight road. I think. Well, unless I go faster then I'll say 3 minutes. Anyway... From there I turned into Xilin Ave and then turned into New Upper Changi Road. From there on, for the journey home, I used the same route as yesterday east-wards but now in the west-ward direction of course.

I managed to reached back to the same petrol kiosk at Jurong East on that 1-bar of fuelage in the tank. Hah. That's how big my bike tank is. 1-bar of fuelage can still cover the distance of more than from 1 end of Singapore to the other. Reached home around 7.00 pm and distance covered today was around 118km. *Phew* Bit more than yesterday and total mileage altogether is around 456 km. As usual, my butt sores and my right shoulder muscle aches. Was having my dinner n front of the tv when EC sms-ed me to asking me to catch Cloverfield. Was a bit tired but I figured I just go and catch it.

Will talk 'bout Cloverfield when I recover from this slight nausea I got from watching the movie.

No comments: