January 21, 2008

. . Settler's Cafe . .

Happy Birthday to me. Another year wiser. Hah. Gosh, yeah, just sunk on me how "young" I am. Well, I believe I am still young. Age is really just a number. And since I look younger for someone my age, then, I am still young. Although sometimes I wish I could run as fast and jump as high, as I was 10 years ago. Got a simple birthday message from my colleague Ah-Hoon in the morning. Thanks Ah-Hoon!!

Gekky messaged me in the morning stating that the lunch was going to be delayed for a while and meet up straight at Settler's Cafe instead at Dhoby Ghaut.. Which was great 'cause it's a Sunday and I myself was just sluggering around at home. Finally, planned to meet up around 1.30 pm. Took the mrt again. Gosh. These few days travelling without my motorcycle is such a bummer. Travelling by public transport once in a while is alright I guess, but I've been going out last 2 days straight on the mrt/bus and it's making me missed my motorcycle more. Reached there around 2.00 pm. I know I got there late but I was the first to arrived.

Gekky came soon and we settled in. We got the couch seats nearest to the entrance. Well, not that bad seats but could be better. We ordered our lunch and played a game of Lost Cities.* If I remembered the game name correctly* A perfect game for 2, while we were waiting for our lunch. My best bud, EC, came soon after while we were in the midst of our game. Well, that's all of us. Jules couldn't drop by 'cause she is having some renovations at home and Wai-see is sick. She wanted to come by later, but I told Gekky to message her to rest at home instead. After lunch, I had a smoke and then went for a toilet break.

Surprise!! When I return, a small birthday cake for me!! Hah. Gekky had bought a small cheesecake topped with brownies cubes for me! What a pleasant surprise, really. Sang the last verse of the birthday song, made 3 wishes, blew out the candle and cut the cake in 3 equal pieces. Haha. The cake was quite a sinful delight but was very nice! She also got me an Adidas striped polo-shirt! Thanks Gekky!! Appreciate all her efforts organising this small birthday celebration! Played a few more round of Blink! game. A simple no-brainer card game and also Jumping Monkeys *If I remember the game name correctly* Another no-brainer game. Left the place around 4.30 pm and I went straight home. Took the mrt, of course.

Another great day today. Thanks again to all my friends who remembered my birthday. Tomorrow will be another great day if my personal birthday present comes on time and not delayed. I've already took a day leave to collect it. I'll be pissed-off if it is delayed.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: