January 6, 2008

. . 1st Movie Marathon . .

Today is laid-back sunday. Woke up around 11am after last night's late-ending movie marathon. Didn't really do much of anything today. Thought of moving my ass out of the house and wash the bike, but my body is really aching from the gym workout the night before. So I decided to "rot" at home. Just eat, watch tv, nap, eat, watch tv, nap. You get the idea.

I met up with Frecky yesterday at Orchard MRT around 3.15 pm and went straight to Lido to get the tickets she booked earlier from home. This was my 1st ever movie marathon. Seriously. I've never thought of ever watching a few movies in a single day. But it's a good way to spend a weekend if you've got nothing to do the whole day.

First show starts at 4.15 pm. Elizabeth : The Golden Age. I realised afterwards that this is a sequel. I didn't catch the movie before this so I really didn't know what to expect. But it's quite a good show. Cate Blanchett is a great actress. Next show at 7.20 pm : Eastern Promises starring Viggo Mortensen and Naomi Watts. This is a great show. Great storyline and twists. But I don't really get it. Why get an American (Viggo) and a French (Vincent Cassel) to play Russians? Can't they get real Russians to play the part? Or is it because they were counting on the image or star-power of these 2 great actors for the movie to get attention? Anyhow, it doesn't really matter, these 2 great actors acted as Russians quite well. Next movie at 9.45 pm was : AVP2. Aliens Versus Predator. An ok show. Its more gore than the 1st AVP and as usual, a lot of people died, some survivors and the Predator accidentally left behind something for the humans. A hint of another sequel by the end of the movie.

Got home really late and went straight to bed.
*edited*

No comments: