January 11, 2008

. . Blackout . .

We had a blackout. Again. I can't remember how many times our office suffers a blackout. Almost everytime when it rains heavily, those with thunders and lightning, we will have blackout. And it sucks 'cause only our office unit will suffer. The space above and below us is unaffected. So there must be something weirdly wrong with the main switch. The blackout happened when we were all out having lunch.

Was stucked at Tanjong Pagar after my solo lunch when the rain pours suddenly, when it was really bright and sunny a minute before. That's why I didn't bring along the umbrella. Ella, ella, eh, eh, eh.. I waited under the void deck, together with some office ladies that was also caught off-guard. And there was this really cute girl. Gosh, she's like a mix of Chinese Japanese or something. Really pretty. And she caught me looking at her a few times. Hehe. The rain lighten half hour later and she took off. Max found an abandon/spoilt-handle umbrella and we head back to office. Thats when someone called me and informed me about the blackout.

Standard Procedure : Switch on back from the switchboard in our office. When that failed, we had to check to see if the main switch which is located on the ground floor at the back of the shophouse was triggered off. But you see, the shophouses here stretches about 15-20 units across and our office is located around the centre of this stretch. So to reach the back of our unit, simply said, we had to take a 6 - 7 mins walk. After a few trys, which we had a few mis-fire and switches confusions, and after 3 trips to the main switchboard, we got back the juice by 4.15 pm. By then all the work was delayed, and I was sweating like I had a 7 km run.

Was supposed to have my appraisal interview with The Boss today after work. But was informed that he was busy and postponed it to tomorrow.

No comments: