January 26, 2008

. . Motorcycle Diary Part I . .

It's Saturday! Had been pondering whether I should go back to office today to get some work done 'cause Mei had already said that there be lots of fresh renders coming in on Monday. But I decided against it. It's a beautiful day and I think it's best that I get some more mileage on my new sayang.

Left home around 2.00 pm plus. * I spent the early afternoon lazing around after waking up quite late!* Head out to Welson Motorshop near Lakeside for a quick while. Bought those coupon disk holder to put my road tax in. Slowly, the sky darkens and suddenly it starts to drizzle. Haiz. "God, are you serious?" I thought. I didn't really think nor care much of it as it was really a slight drizzle and had prayed that it didn't get any heavier. But it soon did. I took the scenic route and managed to reached Dover when it really pours. For the scenic route, these roads are near housing estates. Which is good 'cause when it pours, I just need to get to the nearest covered carpark and wait out for the rain to stop.

Rain stops around 3.45 pm and I continued my journey. The plan was to make a circular route from the west to the east then north and then back home. Kind of literally going around Singapore in an anti-clockwise manner. Made another short stop at the motocycle shop at Alexandra to get back my I/C. After which I make my way to Chinatown, the same route I took to work.

My journey from there on took me through Esplanade Drive, Nicoll Highway, which I made a wrong turn and U-turn back to Beach Road. Continued my way eastward through Kalland Road then Sims Avenue, which was quite a jam. The road then converged to New Upper Changi Road where Bedok Central is situated. I made a stop at a nearby carpark and decided to sms my NS buddy, Fiq, to see if he's home. It's not everyday that I passed this area so might as well pay him a visit.

Met up at his place at Chai Chee Street and had a short catching-up session. The bugger had just woke up when I sms-ed him earlier. Hah. Bid him goodbye at 5.00 pm and continued my way up New Upper Changi Road til I entered Tampines Expressway (TPE), and exit shortly afterwards to enter Loyang Avenue. Yup, I wanted to go to the Changi Village. Loyang Ave was quite a stretch. When I reach Changi Village, I didn't really made a stop. Just detoured into the carpark before I head out to the seaside area. I parked my bike for a while to admire the seaside and enjoy the sea breeze. Was quite refreshing. Didn't stop for long and then headed back towards TPE.

From there I took the TPE towards Seletar Expressway (SLE). This was my journey back by going up north. I didn't really want to go through the expressway but I didn't know of any major road that leads from Tampines to Ponggol to Woodlands. And I also quite tired already. I'll check up the route next time. From SLE I then connect to Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE) then connect to Kranji Expressway (KJE) all the while trying hard not to go over 80 km/h. It's really hard not to go full throttle. But it's ok. After I finish running-in this bike, I'm gonna test how fast I can really go. Hehe.

From KJE, lead back to my home estate. Reached home by 6.45 pm. By that time my butt was already sore and my right shoulder muscle was hurting. All in all, I'd covered around 108km. Hah. That's alot of serious mileage but still got a long way to go before I service it for an oil change.

Hmm, where shall I go tomorrow?

2 comments:

Ms. Potatoe said...

haha u sound like you should ring up all your friends islandwide n pay each of them a visit!

n r y S m n ™ said...

Hah. Had thought of that but not ALL of my friends lah. Just those that live in the area that I seldom go to. Hey, pass me your address so I can make a trip to your place.