January 13, 2008

. . Makcikz's Wedding . .

Attended Makcikz wedding lunch reception today. Woke up around 10 am 'cause initially the plan was to meet up at Khatib MRT around 11.30 am. But I left home late and I reached there around 12.15 pm.

Khai was aready waiting for me when I reached. We nearly went to some other couple's wedding reception 'cause it was next to Makcikz's. Fortunately, we remembered that Makcikz was holding her reception at the Community Center. Lucky we didn't sit in to the other reception. Anyway, just a few of our colleagues were earlier than us. The rest were all late. Makcikz herself didn't show up on time. Even the groom was a lil' bit late. No harm done. I expected these 'cause I've yet to attend a wedding reception where everything was on time. Why is it so? I'll be pissed off if it was my wedding and everything wasn't on time. Hah. Someone did asked me, "When is it your turn to get married?" I really don't know. Eventually, the groom reached around 2.00 pm and the usual malay wedding procedures was away. The silat and kompang performances to welcome the groom, then a sing-song session from the kompang group. After that, a short traditional dance number before the photo-taking session starts. When it was the "Friends and buddies" turn for the photo session; that's what the Emcee said, the whole lot of us took to the dais. Yup, the whole lot of us from The Company, plus some who brought partners. It was like 30 people on that dais. That's a whole lot of people gathered on a small dais!

I didn't wait for the cake-cutting ceremony, left soon after the phototaking session. Choosed not to ride my bike today 'cause I was afraid that it would pour in the late afternoon. But it didn't.

No comments: