February 4, 2008

. . Motorcycle Diary Part III . .

Wasn't a really great Sunday. Had been raining for a fews days. What a letdown. Was hoping that Sunday would be a bright and sunny day like last week so I could go out riding again. Well, I wasn't going to let the rain stop me. Woke up early 'cause I planned to head to the gym for a quick workout before I head out riding. Also planned to head to Jules' garage sale today. But both those plans were scrapped. All 'cause it rained.

Got my stuffs ready and was preparing to leave when it started to rain around 1.00 pm. Always like that. Haiz. I waited out 'cause I was hoping that the rain would eventually stop. But it didn't really. That's when I decided to just ride through the rain. I wanted to get more mileage today. Sooner or later I might going to have to ride through the rain when I'm going to work so might as well just ride throught today.

Left home around 3.00 pm. I took a different route from the usual scenic route. I started from my home to Pioneer Road North. Went southward all the way til I turn towarrds Jalan Buroh. Jalan Buroh is quite a long stretch. It passed through Pandan Reservoir, which I had a glimpse of a beautiful view from the road east-ward. Passed through Buroh Circus and into West Coast Highway. The road then connected to Pasir Panjang Road which then connects to Telok Blangah Road. Oh, after which I made a U-turn there 'cause I missed a slip road into Labrador Villa Road. I wanted to see what's at Labrador Park. But the time I got there, I was half drenched 'cause I had only wore the raincoat jacket. When I stopped at the carpark, then I put on the raincoat pants. Silly me. Didn't stop there so look around. Was raining quite heavily so I continued back to the main road to Telok Blangah Road.

From there, the road connects to Keppel Road. I then turned to Anson Road. I made my way through from the Central Business District until I passed Suntec City and onto Nicoll Highway. Turned into Mounbatten Road which then connects to East Coast Road and then Upper East Coast Road. This road then connect to Bedok Road. Turned into Upper Changi Road and turned into Simei Ave. Heading north-wards now. Connects to Tampines Avenue 5 and into Tampines Central. I did detoured to Trixx place around there but I didn't stop. I was already half drenched so I figured I just continue my journey. But I did stop along Tampines Central for a toilet break, got myself a drink and a smoke break.

From here I decided to get back home by the same roads I took from the last time I came through, but this time home-ward of course. *Read Past Log Here* Where I went pass through Yishun, Woodlands and into Choa Chu Kang then into Jurong East then back home. I passed by Hougang area where Jules was holding her Garage Sale at but I figured I better not stop by 'cause of how drenched I was. And it was quite late too. Maybe I stop by some other time. *Seriously, my denim jeans were quite wet, it's like I wet in my pants!* Quite satisfied with the journey overall. One thing that I didn't really like was that it was raining the whole time.

I reached home around 7.15 pm. Covered around 103 km and total mileage covered is around 793 km. Around 200 km more before I service my bike for the first oil change. Hmm. But I think most motorcycle workshops are going to be close for the coming Chinese New Year and the coming weekend. Hope they're open the next Monday.

I better not catch the flu tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey yus, it's ok that u didn't stop by the garage sale today. it was absolutely pouring. totally understand. =) -jules-

n r y S m n ™ said...

Thanks jules. I make sure I drop by when I'm free ya.