February 8, 2008

. . Omar Kampong Melaka . .

It's Friday!! Well, not much different as it is already a holiday. Woke up early but laid around til it's 11 am. Showered then helped my mom prepared breakfast. Well, not really a great help. She was preparing Roti Tirai. Sort of "Webbed Pancakes" and I was only making the "pancakes". Just need to pour the mixture onto the hot pan, that's all. After I had my breakfast, I head out for Friday Prayers.

I left home around 12.30 pm. Kind of early, as presently the afternoon prayer calls are around 1.30 pm. But I didn't go to the mosque that's nearest to my home. I was heading to Omar Kampong Melaka Mosque located at Keng Cheow Street. *Just behind Ministry Of Manpower building* Why did I went to a mosque so far from home? Well, I just wanted to try out to a different mosque. It's a holiday and so I anticipated that the mosques that is situated at neighbourhood estates would be jam-packed with kids and "foreign talents".

It's mostly frustating to find space for parking my motorcycle and finding a space to pray. And I hate the fact that I had once got my sandals stolen during a Friday prayer before by a stupid kid. I managed to capture the rascal who was wearing the exact same sandals. *He was acting suspicious, sitting at a far corner of the shopping area before he walked around.* He was freaked out when I confronted him, but alas, I myself didn't have physical proof that the sandals were mine, so I had to let him go.

Anyway, back to the mosque. Omar Kampong Melaka Mosque is the first *and so the oldest* mosque in Singapore. *Read about it here* Since the mosque is not located at a neighbourhood estate, I expected the place not to be crowded. And I was right. I reached there around 1.10 pm. Much earlier before the prayer call and after the whole prayers end, I would say there were only around 150 worshippers, give and take a few.

On the way home, detoured to a petrol kiosk to fill up the tank. Last I filled up the tank was last Friday. Didn't head straight back home. Went to check out Jurong Point. After I parked my bike at the nearest neighbourhood carpark, *didn't want to pay the entrance fee to Jurong Point Carpark* I walked over. And it started to rain. Lucky I reached already.

Nothing much at Jurong Point. There were a lot of patrons but about 70% - 80% of the shops there were closed. Only the fast food restaurants, Fairprice, Golden Village Cinema *which was jam-packed*, Courts and some small shops were opened. Even the malay barbershop was closed. Should have gotten my hair cut few days ago. Head home after the short rain stopped and slacked at home for the rest of the day.

For some strange reasons, I might have caught the flu. Hopefully I recover by tomorrow.

No comments: