February 8, 2008

. . Short Trip . .

Another beautiful day. Was woken up around 8 am by the loud clashings of cymbals and drums. So early they scaring away bad luck already? Well, can't really complain. But it stopped around a few minutes later. Managed to continue my sleep 'til 11 am.

Decided to go out today. Was so darn bored at home. Problem was, I had no plans where to go. Wasn't really motivated to go for long running-in today. I'm nearly reaching the 1000km mark and I don't want to go much over the mark until I go for an oil change. So I head down to Ikea at Queensway to look out for mirror brackets. Walked around for a 'lil while but I don't think they have it. Think must head to a hardware store. Problem is, I think all the hardware stores in Singapore are closed.

I continued my journey into town. Wanted to see how deserted Chinatown would be today. But it wasn't that deserted. Still got lots of people walking around. I decided to check out Funan centre to look out for a headphone. Was being hopeful that Challenger would be open. Parked my bike near the Peninsula Plaza and walked over to Funan. I think they're closed. Initially saw the other entrance, which have the elevator to the third floor, was chained and padlocked. I walked over to the entrance and saw that the doors were close. Didn't really want to check it out. Made a u-turn and head back to my bike. After that I made my way home.

Managed to cover around 54 km for just a short trip. I'm in the 900 plus total mileage. Hopefully the motorcycle workshop will open on Saturday.

No comments: