June 16, 2008

. . "Wants" & "Needs" . .

Another relaxed Monday, today. Didn't have anything to do at all today. Was waiting for new renders that were supposed to be passed on to me. But was updated that the renders had some slight changes and that it will only be ready late Wednesday.

After work, went down to Vivocity for a 'lil while to check out something. Just found out recently that there's a new version of Wacom Tablet. Well, how new I do not know actually. But I only recently found out. It's called Bamboo Fun. It's a less sophiscated version of the Intuos 3 and it's more targeted to home / hobbyist users. A small A6 sized Bamboo Fun cost around SGD 190 and a medium A5 sized one cost around SGD 300. Think I might get the medium one.

The small one only comes in white or grey color while the medium one have black *woot!*. Still, I'm going to wait first. Not going to buy one right now. Soon, but not right now. I still am using a small Graphire 2 version that I bought quite some time ago. It's small but very useful.

There's a lot of things that I want to buy lately. Wanted to upgrade my PC, wanted to buy iPod Touch, wanted to buy a PSP, wanted to get another LCD monitor. Haiz. So many "wants". But as always, I would consider whether the "wants" outweigh the "needs".

A friend during my National Service once said something like, "Always think about the things you need more than the things you want." Or something like that. That saying was engraved in my brain forever. Will always think about what I need and what I want. Like, do I "need" a PSP? Or do I "want" a PSP? If I have a 'lil extra money at hand, then maybe I'll get the things that I want. Hah. I'm not earning a lot, so I seldom splurge my earnings. I seldom even shop for my own clothings. Hah. But once in a while, I do get the things I want.

I think I better upgrade my computer first. Least I can always build up my portfolio on a faster computer.

No comments: