June 10, 2008

. . CDA . .

What a long day today was. Was on leave from work today, Tuesday as I went to send off my younger brother for his National Service enlistment to Civil Defence Force.

Woke up early and reached there around 8.30 am. Was a good trip. Got to see the kind of equipments that they would use during their training, their dormitory, the canteen, etc, etc. Never been into the Civil Defence Academy (CDA) before so was quite excited to see the training facilities. Got to say that the facilities there are all good. They even have washing machines and dryers. Hah! Two iron and ironing boards in each domitory too! Lucky people.

At the canteen, they showed us the kind of food that they'll be serving to the trainees during their training. Looks very nice! Wonder if they showed that on that day itself only. Hah! But I was assured by the instructors there that that will be the kind of food that will be served to the trainees. Lucky people.

After the oath-taking and brief presentation by the Commander there, we had a few minutes to meet up with my brother for a short while. Basically, just to recollect his handphone charger, *as charging of handphones there are not allowed* and we took back some of his personal clothings. Initially, he packed a few more sets of clothes extra as he was expecting to be in camp for a few weeks before his 1st book-out. As this is his Physical Training Phase, it means that he will do nothing than just exercise training for the first few weeks.

But as it turns out, the camp training doesn't continue over the weekends! This means that he will have his first book-out this coming Friday! Just a mere 4 days later!. HAH! I remembered when it was my time, ages ago, when I was enlisted to the Armed Forces, I had to stayed back in camp for almost 4 weeks before my 1st book-out?! I booked out and was excited to see HBD flats! The bus ride home was like an experience long forgotten. And seeing a girl was like I'd never seen the female species before! Can you even imagine how that was like?! Hah! Lucky people.

Anyway, after the whole thing ended and we said our best wishes, the family head to the cemetary *which was just a stone throw away from the Academy* for a brief visit to my late dad's grave. Pulled out the weeds, cleaned up the grave a lil bit, the normal stuffs. Went home promptly after that.

In the afternoon, went up to meet Frecky. Accompanied her to LaSalle as she had to attend to some personal stuffs there. After that we went up to Sim Lim Square, *which was just next to LaSalle* to look out for a Wacom Graphire 2 Tablet. Hmm, couldn't seems to find the smallest size Graphire 2 tablet. Saw a new edition of a Wacom Tablet called Bamboo Fun. Think it's more for a personal/non-professional use.

We went to alot of places today. Hah! Just going around look look see see. After Sim Lim Square, we went to Beach Road. Bought myself a small "pouch-like" side bag. Then head down to a bike shop at Rowell Court and bought new side mirrors for my bike. Lastly went to Bugis and had dinner at some seafood restaurant.

The service there wasn't that good. Maybe it was just me, but I felt that I wasn't treated/served as well as the other patrons there. First I had to asked for my iced water. Then the manager came by and recalled our orders wrongly *luckily she checked first*. Then when I was having my pasta, I asked for some parmesan cheese. That didn't came. It's ok. No harm done.
After we had our dinner, I asked for the bill. The staff acknowledged and went to get it. 10 minutes went by and still no bill. I really felt like standing up and just walk out of there. Nevermind. I went to the cashier counter and wanted to pay the bill there and then. But I was told to take a seat first and the bill would come shortly. Okay. I did that. Moments later, that same staff and the rest of the staffs were busy attending to a group of patron that was having a birthday celebration for one of them.

I gave her a pissed-off look. She came by, apologised and said she will attend to my bill shortly. That was when I nearly blew it. Hah! But instead, I told her off sternly that I had been waiting for the bill for quite some time. She then asked some other staff to attend to me. I didn't want to wait for her to come back to me, so I went to the cashier counter. When she saw me standing there, she hasten a bit and fumbled with the bill. I signed the receipt and I walked out. I wasn't being agressive or what. They forgot about me and attended to the other patrons. I'm a paying customer too and I want my service the same as what they served the other patrons.

That's all.

No comments: