June 27, 2008

. . Moving Day . .

Today, Friday, is moving day for my office. Reached the office quite late; reached at 10.20 am actually. Most of my colleagues were already there, some were at the new office already.

Well, not much to do today. Did some final cleaning up of the fridge and also some of the stuffs there. Received a call from The GM instructing us to "walk around" first as the movers will only arrive to load our stuffs in the afternoon. Well, no problem with that. Actually, that was what I was planning also. Hah!

After much discussions, me, Khai and Im, decided to put our stuffs at the new office first and then make our way to Orchard Road. Hah! Yeah, we were planning to go there. Upon reaching the new office, Khai and Im was having some stomach problems, therefore I had to wait for them. They went to use the toilets at the mosque *which was located directly opposite our new office* as the toilets in our new office wasn't ready yet.

Not ready as in there was nothing at all in the toilet. Not even a wash basin. Nevermind. There was a lot of people moving around in the new office. Contractors, staffs, movers. Chaotic!! 1st floor renovations wasn't even 50% complete. 2nd floor *which I'm situated at* is at least 50 % complete. Some of my colleague and even The Boss, had set up their computers.*edited* 3rd floor and attic is also not even 50% complete. I think the contractors were swearing under their breath as we all were moving around "disturbing" their work area. Well, we had no where to go also.

*edited*.

As it was already late morning after, me, Khai and Im decided to perform our usual Friday Prayers at the same usual place, near Amoy Food Centre. After we had our lunch, I managed to persuade them to follow me to Kinokuniya Ngee Ann City as I was looking for a comic book. Found it!! It's titled Wanted. Bought the hardcover copy! There's a movie out that was based on this comic starring James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, and also Angelina Jolie. Can't wait to to read the comic and watch the movie! Woo hoo!

Anyway, our stuffs from the old office were moved over promptly around 4.15 pm. The movers did not finish moving all the stuffs so they went back to finish moving over the rest of the stuffs. By that time, it was 6.00 pm. Which was time for me to leave. Hah! Didn't even unpack my stuffs that was already there. At all. Hah! I didn't really care. Don't know why.

After I left office, went to fetch Frecky for a quick dinner at IMM.

No comments: