June 15, 2008

. . Short + Sweet . .

Had been quite a busy weekend for me. On Saturday, went down to NAFA *Campus 3* Studio Theater to catch week 2 Top 30 of Short + Sweet Singapore.

Spent that Saturday morning reading up newspapers of previous days before. Hadn't been reading the newspaper of late. So since I hadn't much to do anyway. Met up with Frecky that afternoon to have our early dinner at Plaza Singapura before heading down to NAFA.

The show started a bit later than 8.00 pm actually but we had good seats so it's not that bad. As warned by my colleague, who's directing one of the short plays that day, to get the front or the second row seatings as after the second row seating, you can't really have a good view of the floor stage.

Some plays were comedies, some were dramas. Overall all the 8 short plays were very good. The final play, a special invite, by the winners of the Melbourne 2006 Short + Sweet Award was very very good! *No wonder they were past winners.* In the end, after the 2 hours show, we were to vote for the best play which we like. Of course, we went there to support my colleague's play. It was a good play anyway, so that's what we voted.

Today, Sunday, woke up quite late. Was waiting for my secondary school friend , Krak, to message / call me as we planned to head down to our old friend, Hailie's wedding in the afternoon. Actually, I messaged him the day before but he said he needs to confirm with my other friend, Ayie, before he confirms anything. "Sure, anything," I thought.

Anyway, he was extremely late when he set the plan to meet at 12.30 pm. Me and Ayie, had reached the wedding place on time, and had to wait for him for 1 hour. Haiz. All this while and he seems like never changed since we known him. Anyway, we met up with the few other guys, Shuk and Dil, there and had a good chat. A lot of my secondary school mates are already married or getting married. Hmm, something for me to think about. Hah. As usual, the famous question popped up, "So when is your turn to get married?" Hah! I guess I might never know the answer.

Left the place and got home pomptly before 3.00 pm. Saw that my younger brother * who got home last Friday * was preparing his stuffs for his first book-in that evening. Asked him if he needs a lift to the Academy. Initially he said no need. But after a while, he said alright. His camp is so near, that's why I offered the lift. If he was enlisted to the army, forget about giving him a lift. Hah! Need to travel the whole length of this small island, if he was. Anyway, the whole trip was about 15 minutes only. That's how near the Academy is.

Just got news from my colleague who directed the short play for the Short + Sweet Singapore, that her play got into the finals. There will be a finals show at the Esplanade at the end of this month. Hmm, might head down to see if free.

Haiz, busy weekend. Hopefully won't be a hectic work week.

No comments: