May 31, 2008

. . Prince Caspian . .

Woke up late yesterday, Friday, as I was on leave in the morning. Didn't do anything but just slacked and watched TV. Had a "reservists" ceremony that was held in the afternoon.

Reached the place at 3.00 pm on the dot. Changed and promptly head to the auditorium. They had a practise for the award receivers and after that, we had to wait for the Guest-Of-Honour (GOH) to arrive. The thing is, the GOH is scheduled to arrive at 4.15 pm. Stupid right? Made us to reach there at 3.00 pm but the event starts only after 4.00 pm. And I was there only as audience, just to fill up the auditorium.

The whole ceremony actually zipped through and it even ended before 5.00 pm. Haiz. Anyway, after the whole thing ended, I had a quick munch at the reception *I was quite hungry* and quickly made my way out. Reached home before 6.00 pm. Next time, I come at 4.00 pm for any such future event.

Today, Saturday, woke up to an angry wet weather! Was raining quite heavily. Was planning to have a picnic but eventually had to cancelled. The rain subside soon before 12.00 noon but the sky looks grey. Nevertheless, made plans with Frecky and decided to catch The Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian.

Went to Marina Square but there were quite a lot of people queuing up at the Box Office. Decided to check out at Eng Wah Cinema at Suntec instead. Luckily, there weren't much people there and we secured good seats.

The duration of the movie was quite long. There was some moments in the movie that I didn't really understand. Well, it's like, "Why is it like that?" kind of thing. There were a lot of sword fights here and there. And I also felt that there were a lot of redundant things that I believe could be cut off from the movie. Basically, I believe that the movie was quite draggy. Frecky, on the other hand, said that some events had to happen to bring the story forward and somewhat complete the story. *Or something like that.*

Well, I don't see it. Anyway, if you're a fan of The Chronicles of Narnia, then you'll probably love the movie. I believe, that if you like a certain movie, you'll understand that movie more than most people do. If you don't like it. Basically, you won't really understand it.

Take the Star Wars Episodes and whatever in its "Universe" *animations, comics, games, toys*. I totally understand the story and what not. While some people don't really understand why Star Wars is like that.

Maybe, the Force is strong in me?

No comments: