May 18, 2008

. . Cousin's Engagement . .

Last Friday went to reservists for the night shift. It's the first time that I did the static station for the night shift. *Well the static station is only at night anyway.* Well, the place was quite deserted and there was nothing much to guard or what. Just that our presence was needed there during the night. That's all.

Came back home from night shift on Saturday morning. *So Saturday is considered an offday.* Was damn tired. Not so much feeling sleepy but more to tired. After I settled down at home, landed on my bed around 9.00 am and slept til 2.00 pm. Was quite groggy when i woke but i figured I had enough sleep. I didn't want to wast all my offdays on sleep only. Hehe.

As usual, I watched some tv and played some serious GTA IV. That's it for that day. Nothing much really. Was quite tired to go out or what.

Today, on Sunday *another offday*, woke up quite early as I planned to go for a run. But, hehe, I changed my mind. Hah! Can't seem to pull myself away from my soft smelly pillow. Hehe. Played some more GTA IV *this game is the shit ya'll*, before I headed to my aunt's place around 4.30 pm.

My cousin was getting engaged today and my mom, his dad, his step-dad, and my eldest uncle was to form the engagement party to his girlfriend home. I didn't planned to follow but since I was already at my aunt's place, I figured I just follow them. Well, my elder followed too so I took to the backseat on his car.

Was a small scale engagement event. Nothing big at all. That's what my cousin wanted anyway. *FYI, he's 2 years my junior.* Had some exchanged of gifts from both parties, the "putting on the engagement ring", and some light food. After that we made our way back. Some people, well most people, would sometime makes their engagement event very grand. Some even as grand as a wedding. Hah! Actually, this engagement event don't have to be grand. As long as the intention is pure and both parties agreed to the engagement terms, that's all is needed.

Anyway, after that, we all made a quick stop at my aunt's place before we headed to Al-Azhar eating place at Bukit Timah for dinner. Actually most of us were quite full from all the food. At my aunt's place. At my cousin's girlfriends place. But we wanted to celebrate my cousin's belated birthday so we went anyway.

We had quite a spread. Lots of food! And by the end of it, I was very very full. Well, actually, I always eat til I'm very full. Hah! The food was ok, and the ambience was good. Lots of patrons there. Will definitely make my way there again some other time.

Tomorrow will do my day shift again for reservists. *No Vesak Day Holiday for me.* Wonder what I'll be doing tomorrow?

No comments: