March 22, 2008

. . Thrifty . .

Didnt blog in yesterday. Got home late again. But not 'cause of work though. Work was alright. Didn't really have to rush much stuffs as most of the visuals deadlined on Thursday are done. It's just the one deadlined for Monday are going to be rushed. Not going to stay back late that Thursday. Can rush those work on Saturday.

After work last Thursday went to have dinner at Swensen's at Bugis with Frecky. We'd booked movie tickets at Bugis to catch "Be Kind, Rewind". Was a great show. Jack Black and Mos Def are great! So is Danny Glover! The storyline is not that strong but it's very creative. And their theme of remaking the movies that were accidentally erased was really funny to watch. Very funny and its not those slapstick funny. I sure had lots of laughing-out-loud moments. Very much recommended to watch it.

Friday was a public holiday. As last time, I decided to perform my Friday Prayers at Omar Kampong Melaka Mosque. I think I would only go here everytime when Friday is a public holiday. Not much people to crowd around.There I met ArifR, my ex-colleague from The Company. It's been a long time since I met him. He now work as an architect for a company somewhere around Bugis. He was with his 2 kids. I can still remember the time when he announced the born of his second child years back and now the sweet 'lil girl is all grown up. She should be around 2 years old now.

After I bade goodbye, I made my way to office. I decided to park my bike somewhere at a nearby HDB parking lot somewhere around 5 minutes walk away. It's a public holiday and HDB parking lot should be free. If I park at my usual spot, I still have to place a parking coupon. Although it's only 65 cents per parking coupon, it's still a save. And I don't see it as a saving of 65 cents, I see it as a saving of 1 day parking. And the parking lot that I parked my bike at is covered. Keep my bike from being rained on. Hmm, maybe I should park my bike here from now onwards. But one con is that the motorcycle parking lot is very small. And some is so squeezed small that I don't think I can park my bike in that area. The person that planned this out is either basically some sort of idiot or someone who purposedly design it small thinking that it can save space. But seriously, it's too small.

Left the office around 6.30 pm and went straight home. Thought of going to Takashimaya Shopping centre to get some stuffs but decided to go tomorrow instead. 'Cause if I were to go today then I'll be wasting one parking coupon for a few hours of parking at Wheelock *There's no free parking there even on public holiday*. Do I sound like a stingy person? I think I'm thrifty. I'll be going back to the office again tomorrow and will have to use a coupon. Might as well go shopping after work then. Save me a day's worth of parking.

Reached home around 7.15 pm. Had my dinner and slacked on the sofa. Before I know it, I woke up on the sofa around 1.15 am the next morning. Hah! I must have been very tired and sleepy. Slept on the sofa for around a good 4 and a half hours.

Now I'm wide awake.

No comments: