April 15, 2008

. . Green Market . .

Another nothing much to do at work today. Seems like the In-charge(s) are busy doing something else? I'm not sure. Or are they waiting for confirmation on projects? Don't know. But still, I only received 1 fresh render today. I decided to do it myself rather than pass it to Ken or Kan 'cause I don't really want nothing to do. Hah! Anyway, the deadline for this is not rushed. First draft by end of Wednesday. And I think I've finished 50% of it. Hopefully can "finish" it by end of tomorrow.

Feeling quite tired at work today, and also my body, my thighs especially, are aching. Well, all the reason I should do more running in the future. Hah! Maybe another short run tomorrow after work.

After work, detoured a 'lil while to the "old" Jurong West "Green" Market. An area where I used to live around at. There are 2 markets around the "old" Jurong West area. *Old Jurong West is near the Lakeside MRT*. The "Green" & "Red" market. The colours refer to the surrounding blocks these markets are located at. Anyway, I went to a tailor shop to get my Levi's jeans altered/shortened. Why go to a tailor that's quite far from my home you asked? Well, no particular reason actually. I'm used to go there to get my pants altered since when I was staying in that area. My mom and the lady owner *I think* know each other. My mom used to make the traditional malay dress and usually seek the auntie's help sew something by using a special sewing machine. Well, that was a long time ago. She doesn't sew now.

Took a walk round the "Green" market remininscing some past. Saw one provision shop that was still there, ever since the market was built. But I think they are having hard times keeping the shop. It used to be quite a big shop * 2 shop area combined* but what I saw was quite saddening. Their shop was downsized to less than half of what it was. Think it is hard for them to keep up, what with the NTUC Fairprice supermaket just 2 shops away and another big modern provision shop, a stone throw away.

Quite sadden to see the shop in the current state.

No comments: