January 8, 2009

. . Watchmen & Flight . .

Finally, finished reading up the graphic novel "Watchmen" which I started some months back. Heh. Can't even remember when I bought the book.

Anyway, the story for "Watchmen" is great. Got to read it to appreciate it. Written by Alan Moore (The Leagues of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V for Vendetta), "Watchmen" is one of TIME magazine's 100 Best Novels.


Basically bought this novel when I read that Hollywood is making a movie based on this title. Kind of wanting to find out about the story beforehand and later on, see how they translate the story from comic book page to movie screen. Not sure why, but I kind of have some fascination on comic based movie. Heh. Can't wait for the movie to be out in March.

___________________________________________________________________

This is my current read, well, yeah read. "Flight" is in it's fifth volume now ( I have all the previous volumes) . I love this series of graphic novel. "Flight" is a compilation of short stories and novels; mostly, the usual comic with narrations and others, the unique ones of just drawings to tell the story.


It's a great mix of stories and art. Great inspiration book for budding comic/webcomic artists. If I'm not wrong, earlier volumes of "Flight" are available at the public libraries for loan.

No comments: