July 9, 2008

. . $1,000 . .

It rained the night before. Got up to a wet Wednesday morning and quickly got out of bed. Didn't actually woke up on time so had to rush the shower. Before I stepped out of the house, looks like the drizzle had stopped. When I had worn my other shoes, *wanted to dry out my Adidas shoes that was wet out the day before* the rain started again. "Another bad luck day?", I thought to myself. Changed back to the Adidas shoes as it was more worn out. Reached the carpark and the rain stopped. !#$%^&*

Go ahead. Laugh. It's not funny to me anymore. Anyway, after that, the whole day seems alright. No bad luck whatsoever. During lunch time, our *2nd level* office set out to the nearest supermarket to topped up on our pantry stock. The nearest supermarket is Cold Storage located at the basement of China Square Central.

Bought a tremendously lots of stuffs today. Altogether there is around 22 staffs on the 2nd level. But that doesn't mean that we can afford to buy a lot of stuffs. I think a few of my colleagues are very oblivious and decided to splurge on pantry shopping. I only took a few stuffs. After I saw that they were piling food on 3 shopping carts, I stopped taking any more food. It was scary the amount of stuffs we bought today. So much so that the billed had to be splitted.

Ah San volunteered to pay the 1st $800. Yeah, was that much! After that, the rest of the stuffs I volunteered to pay. Why I volunterred? Because the rest didn't bring cash/credit card/NETs card to the pantry shopping. Can you believe it? Frust! Ah San paid around $800 while I paid around $270. That totalled to more that $1,000!!

Later received an email from the accountant saying that we spent a ridiculous amount of pantry and that some items were too expensive to be considered a basic pantry stuff. Funny this accountant. He was there at the supermarket also and he did nothing to stop anyone from buying the expensive stuffs. I think The Boss will flip when he sees the bill for the pantry. No wait, I think he will do some triple somersault or something.

I think the pantry budget will get stripped down after this.

No comments: